Saturday, December 29, 2012

Healthy Hair Tips

There is no actual way to make your hair grow but you can do things to keep it healthy and that will ensure you don't have to keep cutting it all off. These are just 5 tips that I use to keep my hair healthy to let it continue to grow. This is a long process so don't give up!

1. Frequent trims- Get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks in order to keep split ends to a minimum. The smaller the split ends the less you have to cut off.

2. Don't use a brush on wet hair- it can be very damaging. When your hair is wet it is very brittle and a brush will do more damage. A wide tooth comb is much better.

3. Limited heat- Try not to blow dry your hair after showers unless you need to. Limit use of hot tools such as curling irons, straighteners, etc. Youtube has a lot of no heat hairstyles to try out!

4. Deep condition once a week or do a hot oil treatment- I have the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque and love it. Click to view product on Amazon! I also use a hot oil treatment occasionally with three tablespoons olive oil and three tablespoons canola oil. I heat them in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds then apply it all over my head and put on a shower cap. Let it sit for 20-30 mins and then rinse and shampoo hair. DO NOT CONDITION AFTER!! I made this mistake the first time just out of habit and my hair looked like I slept in grease the next morning.

5. Take hot showers and rinse cold. The hot water will stimulate your hair follicles causing more hair to grow. After conditioning, rinse your hair with cold water to close them back up. If you have color treated hair this will also help lock in color.

Hope some of these work for your daily lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment